The word in the water...
Newsletter - December - 2020
Read below to find out more about the following:
School Holiday Program for January
Term 1, 2021 Info
Checking your pool gates
Seasons Greetings from our team
Holiday Intensive Program
Our January School Holiday Intensive Program is a the perfect opportunity to keep the kids water safety skills up over the break and there is definitely no better place to be than the water this time of year!
Enrolments are now open for the program which will be running on Monday’s Wednesday’s and Friday’s during the last 3 weeks of January. Please click below to find out more or to complete the online enrolment form.
January 11th - 29th 2021
Term 1 2021
Mark it on your calendar! We will start our Term program on Monday 1st February. As always you can register online for this one and tell us your class day/pool preference. All registrations received by 10th January will be used to shape our class schedule. This is particularly helpful to families with multiple kids across different levels as we can keep them swimming around the same time. It’s also beneficial to those with limited flexibility, we can make sure your class is on when you need it.
When was the last time you checked your pool gate?
December is 'Check Your Pool Gate' month to ensure families check theirs at the start of the southern summer which is peak pool usage time!
Head to www.checkyourpoolgate.com.au for more info or use the 10 point safety check below:
1. Gate should open outwards, away from the pool.
2. Latch release knob atleast 1500mm above ground level.
3. Gate must be self-closing and self-latching.
4. Gate hinges must be rust-free and bind-free.
5. Gate carries reliable, tension-adjusting hinges.
6. Latch can not be key locked in the open position.
7. Latch can not be disengaged using implements.
8. Gate latch can not be disengaged by jolting or shaking.
9. Gate will shut securely from any open angle or force.
10. Gate complies with all Australian Standards for pools
From our family to yours we want to wish you all a safe and happy Christmas. We hope you have a wonderful start to 2021 and we look forward to seeing you at the pool next year!
PS. So many of you have loved our ugly sweater rashies so we were thinking of getting you all involved next year. If you’d like to look as cool as we do next Christmas please let us know by registering your interest here… You too could have your very own AWESOME sweater rashie